Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lesson Twelve: Focusing on the Eternal

It might be tempting to gloss over the last lesson of the year, but resist temptation! The final verses of Paul's Letter to the Galatians offer some excellent food for thought, and the review at the end of the chapter is helpful in putting the entire study into perspective.

Even though I mentioned it on the study guide, I'll mention it again here. Before you begin to answer the review questions, it's worth taking the time to re-read the letter from start to finish. In our weekly lessons we get so focused on one tiny section of the letter that it's easy to forget how it fits in context with the rest of Paul's message. Reading it in its entirety should help get that perspective.

Study Guide Lesson Twelve (basic)

Study Guide Lesson Twelve (formatted)

I don't know what I was thinking, but when I made out the schedule last year in addition to our lesson and the review, I also assigned a chapter in the US Catholic Catechism for Adults. Oh well, suck it up. You've got all summer. This week it's Chapter Ten which is all about the Church.

By the way, if you look at the post just below this one, I've included a link to an excellent article by Archbishop Timothy Dolan about the Sacrament of Penance that you might be interested in reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He that won't be counselled can't be helped.