Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lesson Seven: Dressed in Holy Clothes

Ready to get started again?  I do hope that everyone had a good break, enjoying all the Christmas and New Year's celebrations.  The weather has been challenging though, hasn't it?

Our first lesson of the New Year is packed with all kinds of interesting topics to discuss.  I am planning to spend a good deal of our meeting talking about forgiveness and charity.  These are tough virtues to practice and ones that are sometimes misunderstood.

Sorry, but the lesson guide is long.  I tried my best to chop it down to two pages and just couldn't do it.

Lesson Seven Study Guide

And, once I started reading our Catechism chapter, I knew that I had made a mistake by scheduling only one week each to discuss the last two chapters of the book.  As long as we have some extra time in the year's study, I would like to scrap the original timeline I made for the end Catechism so that we can give proper due to the topic of prayer.  So, I would like you to read the essay at the beginning of the chapter through to pg.468 for our next meeting.  We will cover the rest of the chapter later.

By  the way, here are my notes for our last lesson if you would like to look them over.

Lesson Six Notes

See you all on January 16.  (Minus the lucky snowbirds, of course.)

No comments: