Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Editor’s Preface thru 1 Timothy 1: Catholic Commentary (pgs. 9-48)

This was a very long and involved lesson to complete in just one week, so good on you if you managed to get through it all by the time we met.  I was beginning to doubt if I would be able to get through it myself, and I had to lead the discussion!  If you didn't quite make it, I would highly recommend that you try and do so before you go on to the next lesson.  We are in the process of setting up a foundation for the whole rest of the year, and I wouldn't want you to feel like you are falling behind right from the start.

If you are new to Bible study and freaked out--even just a little bit--over this first lesson, please try and stick with it!  It will get easier.  The introduction to any study is taxing, and this year we have a new text to get used to as well, so I'm sure that even those in the group who have been at this for a while likely felt your pain.  It will pay off.  I promise.

Ordinarily, I take my notes on my computer as I'm going through my study and then upload them to make them available for the members of the group who would like to look them over for review or because they were unable to attend class that week.  For some crazy reason, I started taking notes on PAPER, of all things, for this first lesson.  Not sure what I was thinking.  So, I did go ahead and scan the sheets into a file.  I think they are mostly legible.  They're a little long, since I couldn't edit them as easily as I can on the computer, but they might be of some help.  You are welcome to print them out.

Kathy's Notes for Introduction Lesson and 1 Timothy 1

Our next lesson should be much more manageable.  It covers 1 Timothy 2, pgs. 49-71 in our Catholic Commentary book.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Otherwise, I hope to see you all on October 9!

Happy Fall!


No comments: