Saturday, January 28, 2017

1 Peter 1:2-2-3

Excellent! We had so much to cover this week, and yet we managed to get through all of it--and did so with few distractions and a feeling of a good grasp of the history of 1 Peter, Peter himself, and the first chapter (and a bit of the 2nd) of this letter. Great job everybody!

As promised, here is a link to the Franciscan University program, "Islam and Isis," that was recommended to us by Kathy F. At posting I have yet to view the program myself, but I feel confident to post it with good recommendations. I will do my best to watch it this week.

Here too is a link to the discussion I mentioned that is part of the Lectio: Eucharist series available on the FORMED website that is presented by Dr. Brant Pitre on the Lamb of God, which we discussed for 1 Peter 1:19. (By the way, I highly recommend this Lectio series.  It's very well done!)

In case you missed our meeting or would simply like to look over the notes I made for our discussion, I will always try to include them in the post for each meeting.
Lesson 1, Ransomed By Grace, 1 Peter 1:1-2:3

See you this Thursday, February 2 to discuss Lesson 2 on 1 Peter 2:4-25.

No comments: