Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lesson Thirteen: Spiritual Gifts I

Sorry that this is so late, but it's the best I could do this time. We did have a really great vacation. Lent in Sin City. Las Vegas did have their first stretch of 80 degree weather for the year while we were in town. What are the odds of that? And then it cooled back down the day after we left. Spring break hasn't always been so kind to us when we stay in the 48 contiguous.

Oh yeah, the Bible. Well, better late than never, I say. This lesson and the next one are all about spiritual gifts. We learn about their origin and their purpose. We also learn that we all have them--yes, it's true. And we learn that every spiritual gift is important in the total health of the living body of Christ, the Church. I think that you will enjoy these lessons as much as I have.

We are quickly winding up our 2008-09 study of Paul's letter, and so we need to come to an agreement about which book we would like to read over the summer. I will be happy to place a book order for the group, but we should try an do it soon to ensure delivery by the time we wrap things up. Remind me to discuss this at our meeting this week.

See you all on Thursday.

Study Guide: Lesson Thirteen Spiritual Gifts I

1 comment:

Verna said...

Kathy,

Sounds like you had a hot spring break. Lent in sin city!!!! This I want to hear about.

I have my copy and thanks for fitting this in.

See you on Thursday

Verna