Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lesson Twelve Update

Today's lesson provided some interesting conversation. I've got to say, I think I got the best response when I mentioned that, technically speaking, a woman could be Pope. Since that got such a rise out of everyone, I thought I should check my facts. If you click on the link below, you can listen to the podcast where I initially heard a priest(!) say this, but I couldn't find a quick answer online. (The priest speaking in this program, Fr. Dave Dwyer, is very trustworthy in matters of doctrine and canon law.) As we discussed today, while it may be technically true that our Pope could be selected from someone who is not ordained, the likelihood of that happening--male or female--is darned slim. For as long as I can remember, the Holy Father has been selected from the Cardinals who are, of course, all ordained priests. In my mind, it's like the presidency--who would want the job?!
Busted Halo Podcast

Since spring break starts next week, you might have to be a little more patient than usual in waiting for the next study guide. I'll get it here as soon as I can--and still manage to have a fun vacation.

Before we meet again, do some thinking about our summer book. If there's something else that someone would like to suggest, please speak up. We'll try and get that order together soon.

If you're interested, here are my notes from this lesson:
Lesson Twelve Notes

No comments: