Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lesson Six Update

Another good session today. We covered a lot of ground, but I always seem to forget something, and today it was something important. Lunch! Our next meeting is on December 13, and that is the only time we get together during the month of December. Would anyone be interested in going out afterwards for what has become our traditional Christmas feed? Any ideas for a spot?

Now, this is one of those occasions when this web site will work great. Click on the comments button below and leave your feedback. Let us all know if you can make it for lunch next time and any ideas you might have for a place to go. I'll check back later and get a head count and call for a reservation.

Here are my notes on the big "C" topics we covered today: circumcision and celibacy. Thank goodness it's a Women's Bible Study.
Click here for Lesson Six Notes.
Click here for Priests and Marriage.

P.S. I was just thinking about what Madge said today about Advent going by too quickly and almost being secondary to all the hubbub and preparations for Christmas. Don't we all feel that way now and then this time of year? But you know, the only person who can change that for us, is us. Advent is not a mini-Lent, but it is its own time of conversion and preparation, so let's not forget to keep Advent for Advent and Christmas for Christmas. Even if you're not home to light the candles of the Advent wreath every night, you can light the Advent candles of the heart wherever you are. (And here's a shameful plug--St. Patrick's book store has some great Advent prayer and meditation booklets to help us keep the season. Sorry, couldn't resist.)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Let me get the ball rolling. I'm in.

Unknown said...

Lunch sounds great.
Kathy D

Kathy said...

Rosemary and Pat are up for lunch, too. So far, no one is offering suggestions for a spot. Come on, give me something to work with...

Verna said...

Kathy,
Our traditional Christmas Lunch is a go for me.
Possible suggestion for lunch would be Serendipity?
Verna

Anonymous said...

Sorry I am kind of late in replying. I would love to go to lunch on the 13th, but will have to kind of play it by ear. I seem to have an invalid on my hands at the moment so will have to see how he is doing by then. Seems like it should be ok. :)

Anonymous said...

I also was thinking of what Madge said about Advent and decided to put my Advent wreath in the middle of my kitchen counter where we often sit for a meal. If we are not going to be home for dinner sitting at the dining room table, we can say a prayer at breakfast or lunch or say a prayer as Kathy said, in our heart no matter where we are. PS I have not been to Serendipity yet and think that would be fun.