Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lesson Eleven & Twelve Update

Wow, if you couldn't make it today, you really missed it, because this was the lesson that contained the secret of the meaning of life. It all makes sense now. Yea, right. Hopefully, a few more of us will get together at our next scheduled meeting on February 21. Once again, we will be covering two lessons, Lessons 13 & 14, so plan accordingly.

If you print out my notes from today, you'll notice that in addition to the lesson notes, there are a few messages for the group. First of all, from now on each member will be responsible for printing out their own guides for the meeting. If, for whatever reason, you cannot do that, it will be your responsibility to contact me (email or comment) before our meeting, and I will be happy to print a copy for you. Secondly, please continue to leave comments or send emails whenever you use the site. This helps me gauge what is used (and when) so that I can spend my time providing you with the information here that is most useful.

Finally, as much for myself as for all of you, I wrote a little about study habits. Maybe you don't have this problem, but sometimes when our schedules get hectic, I'm afraid Bible study may get the short shrift. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not talking about missing meetings. That happens sometimes. I like when we're all together, but I'm glad when there are other interesting things for us to do as well. Besides, the meetings aren't where the real work gets done anyway. I'm referring to the work we do at home. We all have weeks when we don't get to spend the time on our scripture study that we should, but if that gets to be a habit, we're really missing the point of the whole thing. Try and use the whole two weeks between our assignments to really internalize the message of the passages that we are studying. If we are reading and answering questions at the last minute just to "get it done", it won't have the impact on us that it should. I always have to keep telling myself, "Quit giving God your leftovers"--not squeezing God into my schedule last, but planning my schedule around my time with God. Still working on that.

Note on Lessons Eleven & Twelve

1 comment:

Verna said...

Kathy,

I just printed out your notes for Lessons Eleven & Twelve.

Thanks
Verna