Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lesson Seven: Dealing with Immorality

Sounds juicy, doesn't it? This is quite an interesting lesson, but probably not what you think. On the first read through, you might be inclined to misinterpret Paul's intent. (It sounds like the Corinthians did the same thing when Paul sent them an earlier letter.) As you begin to study the passage, however, I think you will see that Paul only has his fellow Christian's best interests at heart. I also think that once again, you will find that as Catholics, we may interpret this chapter differently than someone of another faith might. This should lead to some good discussion. There will be a lot to cover before we can treat ourselves to lunch, so come prepared.

Speaking of lunch, I hope everyone can join us. If you need directions or a ride, please give me a call or speak up at our meeting, and we'll work something out. Our Christmas lunch is a fun way to get to know each other a little better, so I encourage everyone to try and make it.

See you on Thursday. (Pssst. Check out the post just below this for a great Advent resource.)

Lesson Seven Study Guide

2 comments:

Verna said...

Kathy,

Thanks for Lesson Seven, I have my copy.

See you Thursday, and I will be ready for Lunch!

Verna

Winnie said...

Kathy,

Sorry--I will not be going out to lunch with the Bible group. Our Mother Teresa Circle is hosting a quiche luncheon at 11:00 the same day, and I have invited a friend.

Merry Christmas to all!

Love, Winnie