Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lesson Fifteen Update and Important Group Information

Believe it or not, after this week's session we have only four more meetings before our breakfast at the end of May. Since I know how how quickly this time will fly by, I've already done some planning for next year.

1) A tentative schedule for a 2008-09 Bible Study of the First Letter to the Corinthians is printed on the study guide notes for this lesson and can also be found if you scroll ahead on the calendar at the bottom of this web page. Unless there are some strong objections, these are the dates that I will be turning in to the office soon to reserve our classroom.

2) If you would like me to place an order for your books for next year, I would like to be able to do that during first week of April. We are going to use the same two types of books again next year that we have in the past--the Life Change and Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. The next volume of the ICSB contains both 1&2Corinthians, so if you would like me to go ahead and order the next two volumes of the LC books, we would be set for the next two years. The ICSB is $9.99 and each LC book is $8.99. I will be taking book orders at the March 27 meeting.

3) Speaking of books, we also need to decide on the book that we would like to read over the summer to discuss at our first meeting in the fall on September 11. Just to the right of this post is a place where you can vote for your preference. I will announce which book was chosen at the March 27th meeting and will have price information if you would like me to order a copy along with the textbooks for our study.

4) Finally, I just wanted to let you know that I have decided to remove the word "Women's" from "Women's Bible Study" when I post an announcement in the bulletin for fall registration. We really need to boost the numbers of people who will actively participate in our Bible Study just to make the preparation worthwhile and the discussion sessions engaging. Since Christmas, we've have very few well attended meetings, and while I understand that there are important things that keep you away, it's been more than a little discouraging to have lessons prepared and then only have one or two people who show up for our sessions. Please, don't get me wrong--I'm glad for when our snowbirds are present when they can be, and I understand that life can sometimes get in the way, but in order for me to continue devoting my time and energy in this way, I need to know that it is having some impact. I want to serve, but I want to serve where I am useful. I would love to continue with our Bible Study, so I'm going to open the group up to anyone who may be interested. I would also appreciate it if you would encourage people who may want to join us this fall. The more the merrier!

Have a blessed Holy Week and Easter Sunday!

Study Guide w/Notes Lesson Fifteen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.