Thursday, April 10, 2008

Lesson Seventeen Update

Next week we have a great opportunity as American Catholics to follow the Pope's visit to our country. People will be talking about his visit, and we should be ready to be good ambassadors for our faith. While he is here, I would encourage you to look for coverage of this event apart from the mainstream press. In fact, if you look just to the right of this post, I have provided you with links to two websites that should be great resources concerning everything about his trip: the websites of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and EWTN.

A video taped message from the Pope to the US:


We had a really good session today. It's amazing how a letter written to some Romans a couple of thousand years ago still speaks to us today. Even though it meant "staying after school" for a while, I was glad that we were able to get through my bit on "Dogma, Doctrine, and Canon Law", too. I know I tend to harp on the value of the Catechism, but I'd just hate to see anyone get to their judgment and claim ignorance on a sin that separated them from God, and having God's response be, "What, you couldn't read?" (I picture Mel Brooks as God saying that with a thick Jewish accent!)

Be good. See you on April 24.
Lesson Seventeen Study Guide w/Notes
Catechism Lesson: Doctrine, Dogma, and Canon Law

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I just printed out your notes for lesson seventeen.
Thanks for the info on the visit by the Pope.
Verna